In need of Emergency Assistance?
Need help now?
Our STA Travel Cares team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with any emergency situations that may arise on your travels.
Whether you are unable to continue your journey due to an accident, incident or lack of documentation, need to travel within the next 72 hours, or report something straight away, you can speak to our STA Travel Cares team on:
Emergency Travel Help
+44 151 559 3930
This line is for for bookings made in Australia, Austria, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom and USA. This is an ENGLISH SPEAKING phone line only.
International calling rates may apply. Please double check with your phone provider.
A couple of things to note before you call:
- This line is for travel assistance within the next 72 hours only as the line needs to be kept free for those real emergencies. Non-urgent calls (outside of 72 hours) will be asked to complete our online request form
- When calling please have your STA Travel booking reference handy. This can be found in the big orange box at the top of your itinerary. Calls are charged at local international rate. Please double check with your phone provider before calling.
- Any flight changes made within 72 hours are more likely to incur higher fare and/or tax difference due to limited availability. If you have a Multiflex pass, the pass covers the airline date change fee and STA Travel admin fee, but you will need to pay for any difference in fare and/or tax plus any other applicable airline fees (re-route fee, no-show fee etc.).
For Insurance and STA Travel Cashcard issues please use the contacts listed below:
If you are planning on extending your trip, don't forget to extend your insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that it is extended before you confirm your new flight(s). We are unable to extend insurance on the phone number above. Please contact your booking store directly for more information on extensions. If you booked online, please visit http://www.statravel.com/worldwide.htm to find your local sales phone number.
24/7 Insurance hotlines (STA Travel Insurance only)
If you have purchased insurance with us and you need medical assistance, need to make a claim etc. you will need to call Allianz* on one of their 24/7 numbers below.
For bookings made in:
- Australia please call +61 733 057 499
- Austria please call +43 1525 03 245
- Germany please call +49 89 6 24 24 245
- New Zealand please call +64 800 400 132
- Singapore please call +65 6327 2210
- South Africa please call +27 87 195 0581
- Switzerland (French and German) please call +41 44 202 00 00
- Thailand please call +66 2305 8525
- UK please call +44 20 8666 9387
- *USA please call Trip Mate. Trip Mate's contact information is: US / Canada Toll Free: 1.833.949.0030 Worldwide Collect: 1.954.334.7714.or World Nomads on 1.603.328.1329, or visit https://www.statravel.com/travel-insurance.htm
STA Travel Cash card
For all cashcard issues, please call our cash card supplier, Tuxedo on +44 207 0969 441 who are available 24/7.