STA Travel Cares

How can we help?

Green cards for car insurance after Brexit

If the UK leaves without a deal, UK citizens driving their vehicle within the EU would be required to obtain and carry a physical Green Card in order for your UK car insurance to be applicable in the EU. These cards would be issued by insurers and you may be charged a small fee to cover administration costs.

Speak with your insurer for more information on obtaining a Green Card for any trip on or after 31st January 2020.

The ABI – the trade body for the insurance industry – recommends you contact your car insurance company at least one month in advance of travelling.

For more information please visit -

The UK Government has launched a ‘Get Ready For Brexit’ campaign- further details can be found here

Have More Questions? Contact Us

< Previous Question Next Question >